- 2 hour group session (max 8 participants per instructor) predominantly based on core skills and techniques with a journey element if suitable for the group ability.
- 3 hour group session (max 8 participants per instructor) that can be tailored to the abilities of the group. Incorporating the core skills and a journey element and taking in sections of the Newcastleton 7Stane trails.
We are now offering guided rides taking in some stunning scenery, great trails and superb opportunities to get some coaching along the way. Improve your skills and have an enjoyable ride, tailor-made for you and your family or friends.
Dependent on skill level and ability your guided session could consist of anything from on-site skills work and the use of the 7Stanes trails, through to a full thrash round the whole of the trail network we have on our doorstep.
Price: £80 for up to 8 people
These can be tailored to your needs, taking in the 7Stanes trails or a challenging journey on the cross border trail covering over 35km!
Price: £120 for up to 8 people
Whether you choose a full or half day experience you will be in safe hands with our qualified guides. We aim to provide you a fun, safe, enjoyable and challenging experience that will give you confidence to keep on riding. Whatever you normally ride with at the trail centre should be perfectly suitable for this. However your kit should include the following:-
- Suitable biking clothing for the expected weather conditions
- Mountain bike in good working order or hire one from us!
- Personal tools and spares which should include a replaceable gear hanger for your specific bike (Please contact us for more guidance)
- Food, hydration and emergency rations for a 3-5 hour 25km-35km ride
We have a fleet of quality hardtail bikes that are regularly maintained. We run bike sessions using the same bikes so it is important to pre-book to guarantee a bike is available for you. We offer a range of sizes as shown below:
Saracen Adult Mountain Bikes
Saracen Rufftrax 20” Wheels
Suitable for 6-10 years approx
Saracen Tufftrax 24” Wheels
Suitable for 10-12 years approx
This is only a general guide to help you, but we can fit you to the right bike when you arrive.
20” = 3’11”-4’9” (120-140cm) Kids (6-9yrs)
24” = 4’2”-4’11” (130-150cm) Youth (8-10yrs)
15”-16” = 5’2”–5’6” (157-168cm)
17”-18” = 5’6”–5’10” (168-178cm)
19”-20” = 5’10”–6’1” (178-185cm)
21”-22” = 6’1”–6’3” (185-190cm)
You can hire from 9.30am and all bikes have to be returned by 4.30pm. You can reserve a bike for a half day or full day. We are flexible in timings so we can work with your adventure.
|1 Day||2 Days||3 Days||4 Days||5 Days|
Helmets are included in the hire price
How to Hire
You can just roll up and we’ll check what we have available, but it’s better to book in advance to ensure we have a bike for you. Call us on 013873 75394 and we can sort it all out for you. Your hire includes a helmet if required.
PLEASE NOTE: When you hire a bike or bikes from us, you will need to bring a credit or debit card as a deposit and a drivers licence or passport as PROOF OF ID to secure the hire.
Terms and Conditions
You will have to agree and sign the terms and conditions prior to hire. This will agree liability for any damages to the bikes including punctures. (We do not make any profit from damages; we only aim to cover the cost of the parts and time to repair it.)
Mountain bikes for sale
We are offering ex-hire mountain bikes for sale.
If you are interested in purchasing one then we can put your name on a waiting list along with the details of which bike and size you require and your e-mail address.
Once they are ready to sell (after a thorough clean and service) we will contact you to arrange pick up or delivery.
The prices for the current fleet are as follows:
- 2012 Saracen Mantra X (15”, 17”) – £400 (RRP £749.99)
- 2013 Saracen Mantra Pro (15", 17", 19" & 21") - £350 (RRP £599.99)
Below are specification sheets for each bike, please click to view them.
Please call us on 013873 75394 to add your name to our waiting list or email us.