Rock UK Adventure Centres Limited (“we/our/us”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We are a charity registered with the Charities Commission (registered charity No: 1107724 (England & Wales) SC040118 (Scotland)) and registered at Companies House as a private company limited by guarantee without share capital; company number 04718891 with its registered office at Frontier Centre Addington Road, Irthlingborough, Wellingborough, Northamptonshire, NN9 5UH.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the Data Controller (as defined under the Act) is Rock UK Adventure Centres Limited.
Information we collect from you. The provision of information by you is entirely voluntary.
We will collect and process the following data about you without limitation:
Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register an enquiry on our site, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may, where appropriate, include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
You may also supply us with sensitive personal data relating to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or similar beliefs, trade union membership, physical or mental health, or criminal record which is gathered for the following purposes:
- we will usually only collect and record sensitive personal data with your prior consent. However, occasionally we may do so without consent where required or permitted to do so by applicable law (e.g. to comply with diversity reporting requirements).
- We will not disclose your sensitive personal data to any third party.
Information we may collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version;
- information about your visit, including pages viewed and response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and any phone number used to call us or email address used to contact us.
Information about third parties. Information we collect and process as described in this policy may also include information about third parties such as:
- your spouse, children, whose details you supply to us.
Information we may receive from other sources, such as the schools database. In this case we will have informed you when we collected your data if we intend to share those data internally and combine it with data collected on this site.
Systems used to process data
We gather information directly from you and also via our websites and other technical systems. These may include, for example, our:
- computer networks and connections
- CCTV and access control systems
- communications systems
- remote access systems
- email and instant messaging systems
- intranet and Internet facilities
- telephones, voicemail, mobile phone records
- and other hardware and software owned, used or provided by or on behalf of us and our group companies.
When you use our website we may gather information about you through Internet access logs, cookies and other technical means. ‘Cookies’ are text files placed on your computer to collect Internet log information and user behaviour information. These are used to track website usage and monitor website activity and for other data processing reasons set out below.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other products and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you with information about products or services we feel may interest you. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please do not tick the marketing opt-in box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
- to notify you about changes to our products or services;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your internet experience with us.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your internet experience;
- where applicable, to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about products or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- Selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
- healthcare, social and welfare organisations.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You are not permitted to share and or disclose this password to any third party.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request will be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Information relating to you will be used to notify you by post, email or other electronic means of our goods and services and those of our group companies, in particular the newsletters requested and relevant updates in which we believe you may be interested. Your data will not be passed to third parties other than marketing agencies working on behalf of Rock UK to fulfil the newsletters. You can withdraw your consent to use of personal data for marketing at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.