Climbing Wall and Opening times
Our climbing centre has some of the highest indoor walls in South Wales, reaching 18m with an impressive overhang. There are over 120 routes that are reset regularly to keep you on your toes and auto belay is also available. You can also challenge yourself and improve your technique in our bouldering area which is suitable for all abilities.
Climbing Price List
Prices below are for competent climbers only, where no instructor is required.
- Adults £8.00
- Under 18’s / Students / Concessions £7.00
- 6 and under £4.00
Bouldering Price List
- Adults £6.50
- Under 18’s / Students / Concessions £5.50
- 6 and under £4.00
Friday night climbing from 6pm only £5.00pp
Climbing Equipment Hire
- Harness – £1
- Belay device and karabiner – £1
- Chalk Bag – £1
- Climbing Shoes – £3
- Full package £5.00
- Adult one month open climb – £40
- Under 18’s / Students / Concessions one month open climb – £35
- Adult 10 climbs – £64 (no expiry)
- Under 18’s / Students / Concessions 10 climbs – £56 (no expiry)
Climbing Wall Opening Times
- Monday to Friday : 10am – 10pm (Please note: Between 10am and 2pm – limited availability for lead climbing)
- Weekends and bank holidays : 10am – 6pm
You can climb with your own group at Summit Centre using your own qualified instructors or we can provide an instructor for you.
For instructed sessions each instructor will take a maximum of 8 climbers, with all equipment included. Please call to arrange a time for your group’s visit.
For groups providing their own instructors, the cost is £5 per person, with no equipment included. All external instructors need to provide proof of qualification, first aid and insurance.
Please call in advance and let us know how many are in your group and if you require equipment.
Schools, Youth Groups and Uniformed Organisations
- £60 per hour of instruction for up to 8 people. All equipment included.
All external instructors need to provide proof of qualification, first aid and insurance.
£5 per person. No equipment included.
Please call us on 01443 710090 to arrange a time for your group to visit.
“The BMC recognises that climbing, hill walking and mountaineering are activities with a danger of personal injury or death. Participants in these activities should be aware of and accept these risks and be responsible for their own actions and involvement.”